Skipper on the boat
Our skippers are all fully professional sailors with all the necessary sailing certificates and licenses and with many miles under sails. Also all the skippers are all insured so you don’t need to worry about anything.
Even if you are an experiences boater, having a skipper on board can be very useful and helpful– skipper will look after all the things that concern the boat in port and at sea, and some of his/her duties may be (but are not limited to):
- check-in and check-out – technical and operational procedures at check-in while you explore the nearby sights or enjoy a delicious meal in a fine restaurant
- a short briefing with your crew to prepare you for your cruise and make a itinerary with the crew
- monitoring weather forecasts and sea conditions and arrange the itinerary
- preparing daily sailing routes and suggesting activities in cooperation with the crew
- keeping the boat in excellent working order and the deck clean at all time
- refueling, resupplying water and connecting electricity in the harbors
- handling harbor fees and submitting necessary documents to the authorities
- local guidance – sights, attractions, activities, shops, restaurants, car and motor rentals for the crew if they need ti
- navigating the yacht – while you either sunbathe, read a book or just relax
- sailing “course” – skipper is always ready to share knowledge and explain everything from ropes and navigational equipment to using natural elements to move in the desired direction
- supervising the yacht when at anchor at all time
However, skipper’s responsibilities do not include cooking (although there are some that love to share a recipe or two and are quite skilled in the galley) and dishwashing, cleaning the interior, shopping for food and babysitting!