A symbol of the new generation Lagoons, the 40 is endowed with advanced performance features: a VPLP hull structure and an increased sail area provide a better sail surface area / displacement ratio. The decision to position the mast step further aft, which stems directly from VPLP’s experience in competitive sailing, provides this catamaran with multiple advantages:
– A self-tacking jib for simplified manoeuvres.
– A large forward triangle for a wider choice of downwind sails: a guarantee of performance.
– A shorter boom for ease of manoeuvring.
– A main sail, with a high aspect ratio, enabling the capture of better airflow in the upper parts of the sail for optimised performance.
– The re-centring of weight, thanks to aft positioning of rigging, considerably reduces pitching.